PATHFINDER Ruck Training Life Program Requirements
PATHFINDER Life (Maintenance) Program Requirements
Our PATHFINDER Life focus is on overall fitness, with rucking miles as a core pillar, but now with flexible options that include other fitness disciplines. We have Challenges in PATHFINDER Life that test you, but don’t deplete you. We encourage workouts, but across a broad range of options that free you up to explore new things.
After a PATHFINDER Life 90-day program, you’ll feel strong, refreshed and ready to take on whatever comes next.
You can use PATHFINDER Life as your general training plan all year long.
Over a twelve week period, you will complete the following:
At least 60 rucking miles
- You will keep track of every mile you ruck throughout the program.
- In twelve weeks, you will complete at least 60 miles (averaging 5 miles per week), or choose to trade in 30 rucking miles in exchange for workouts of your choice with our LifeFlex option.
At least 12 Workouts that work for you
- A variety of workouts count towards our workout requirement. We recommend our PATHFINDER Ruck Workouts, but various cross-training disciplines count towards PATHFINDER Life programming. Yoga, swimming, running - it all counts. Mix and match as you need to to create the program that works for your Life.
At least 3 PATHFINDER Life Challenges
- Far less strenuous than other PATHFINDER Challenges, Life Challenges still encourage you to discover your strengths and uncover your weaknesses.
- See full list of challenge options below.
PATHFINDER Life Challenges
In twelve weeks, you will complete at least 3 of the following PATHFINDER Life challenges.
- Challenges do not have a stated weight requirement.
- Every Challenge must be completed by itself.
- Challenges may not be combined in any way.
- Each Challenge only counts once toward the required total of 3.
- A maximum of 6 Challenges can be completed.
Three 6 Mile Rucks (to be completed over a multi week period)
- Stretch your legs on longer rucks designed to push you, but not crush you.
- Chart your progress, or just maintain your fitness on longer rucks.
Two 1 Mile Timed Runs
- Excellent for returning to run form or test your progress
1.5 x Miles (Maximum of 90 Miles)
- Increase your miles over the 12-week period by 1.5x to extend your rucking distances. This is ideal for seasoned ruckers.
Firefighter Challenge - Lite (:15 min x 3)
- Our new Firefighter Challenge will improve your muscle stability and core strength at a manageable time commitment.
- See improvements with this three-step Challenge, completed throughout the program.
4 Mile Coupon Challenge (minimum 15lbs + any ruck weight for 4 mi)
- Similar to our other program Coupon Challenge, but with a much lighter weight and shorter distance.
- A stroller with an infant/small child is an acceptable coupon in lieu of carrying additional weight for this Challenge.
Double Workouts (24 maximum workouts)
- Set a higher goal for yourself! With the addition of cross-training disciplines in PATHFINDER Life, the entire world of possible training options open up.
12 Yoga/Mobility Classes (20 mins or longer per / video OR live class)
- Yoga can be classified as any standard yoga class, including Hatha, Ashtanga, Bikram, Kundalini, or Yin among others
- This option can also include video or in-class mobility instruction with foam rollers or other mobility implements and generalized stretching.
20 Pre/Post Workout Miles (can be broken up in 1 mi increments)
- With a minimum of 1 consecutive mile; no maximum limit, your mileage both before and after a workout can count towards the challenge mileage
Move Your Brain (read 3 x books)
- Exercise your mind as well as your body.
- Motivational, self improvement, fiction or non fiction - no CA approval necessary. Just log the book name & author.
- Audiobooks count
Fitness Assessment x 2
- Designed to be completed at the beginning and end of Life programming
Charity Challenges, Seasonal (CC’s minimum requirement - no ruck)
- Keep up with the Charity Challenges you enjoy and still work PATHFINDER Life programming.