PATHFINDER Forward™ - Introductory Ruck Training
NEW! PATHFINDER Forward™ is our most popular training program, and you've been asking for a detailed Training Guide to make training planning EVEN EASIER!
PATHFINDER Forward™ is our Introductory Training Plan. It's perfect to train for a shorter-distance endurance event or just to bring your fitness up to the next level.
PATHFINDER works because YOU build it. We give you the requirements - miles, workouts, and Challenges - and you fit them into your calendar based on what works for YOU. Along the way, you'll get involved in our incredible community, meet inspiring mentors who are there to help if you need it, and get all the tools to start on your path to rucking for life. PATHFINDER isn't a day-by-day workout plan...because they don't work! Instead, build up your discipline and motivation through the guidance and support of the PATHFINDER team. We give you all the tools - you build them for your success.
BUNDLE & SAVE UP TO 20%
Purchase a PATHFINDER Ruck Training Bundle and get multiple course credits in a single package and save up to 20%. Get details here.
PATHFINDER FORWARD™ IS FOR YOU IF:
- You're seeking to establish a good base of rucking light to moderate weight (15-25lbs/6.8-11kg) and moderate mileage
- You're beginning to train for longer-distance hiking or outdoor adventure
- You're beginning to train for endurance events, such as:
- Individuals training for their first or second GORUCK Light Challenge or equivalent endurance event
- Individuals training for their first GORUCK Tough Challenge or equivalent endurance event
- None, but it is suggested that you already have the discipline to maintain regular fitness activity three to four times a week.
- Rucksack (Backpack)
- Weight: Ruckers may begin with whatever ruck weight feels right for their build and current fitness base. We suggest you begin with anywhere from 12-25 pounds/5.4-11kg.
- Upon purchase, get an Instant Download of our Program Success Guide
- Complete Program Materials with a NEW Training Guide, Workout Library, and supporting documentation
- Experienced Mentor Course Advisor who has successfully completed this training to assist in your planning and provide accountability
- Access to private Facebook Class Page and Course Advisor Group
- One (1) Discounted* Standard Tan Blank Roster Patch to write your Roster Number on and wear while you train. PLEASE NOTE: You must Order Separately - Add one to your cart here in order to receive this item. (Discounts are not combinable.)
- Exclusive Finisher's Patch (upon successful completion of the program)
- Quarterly Classes begin on the 1st of February, May, August, and November and run for 12 weeks.
Over a twelve-week period, you will complete the following:
- 75 Rucking Miles
- 20 Workouts
- 4 PATHFINDER Forward™ Challenges
PATHFINDER FORWARD™ CHALLENGES
You must complete four separate challenges from the options below:
- NEW! Snow Ruck
- NEW! Hiking Challenge
- Beach Ruck
- Coupon Ruck
- Mountain Ruck
- Overnight Ruck
- Timed Ruck (Rx Weight)
- Level Up Miles
- Pre/Post Workout Rucks
- Pre/Post Workout Rucks plus Yoga
- Mental Conditioning
- Stairs Conditioning
- Yoga Conditioning
- APFT Score Achievement
- Endurance Event Challenge
- Charity Challenges (Register separately here.)
HAVE QUESTIONS or NEED HELP?
Message us on Facebook or use the "Chat with us!" button at the bottom left of the screen.