Are you new to rucking and looking for a training program that's easy to follow and effective? PATHFINDER Forward™ is our introductory online training plan that's perfect for beginner athletes!
Over the course of 12 weeks, you'll gradually build your rucking endurance and strength, all while tackling unique Challenges that will help you push through mental and physical barriers. And with our science-backed program that combines classic run, strength, and military training elements, you can trust that you're getting a training plan that's been proven to work.
As our most popular program, Forward™ has helped countless athletes achieve their rucking goals, and now we're making it even easier to train with our detailed Training Guide.
How does PATHFINDER work?
Our unique "basket" approach of miles, workouts, and Challenges means you have a target number to hit over 12 weeks, and you pick your pace. Habit science indicates that fitness success happens when people have power over their routines, rather than having routines imposed on their lives.
With our incredible community of supportive athletes and inspiring mentors, you'll have all the tools you need to stay motivated and on track.
BUNDLE & SAVE UP TO 20%
Purchase a PATHFINDER Ruck Training Bundle and get multiple course credits in a single package and save up to 20%. Get details here.
PATHFINDER FORWARD™ IS FOR YOU IF:
- You're seeking to establish a good base of rucking light to moderate weight (15-25lbs/6.8-11kg) and moderate mileage
- You're beginning to train for longer-distance hiking or outdoor adventure
- You're beginning to train for endurance events, such as:
- Individuals training for their first or second GORUCK Light Challenge or equivalent endurance event
- Individuals training for their first GORUCK Tough Challenge or equivalent endurance event
None, but it is suggested that you already have the discipline to maintain regular fitness activity three to four times a week.
Weight: Ruckers may begin with whatever ruck weight feels right for their build and current fitness base. We suggest you begin with anywhere from 12-25 pounds/5.4-11kg.
- Upon purchase, get an Instant Download of our Program Success Guide
- Complete Program Materials with a NEW Training Guide, Workout Library, and supporting documentation
Experienced Mentor Course Advisor who has successfully completed this training to assist in your planning and provide accountability
- Access to private Facebook Class Page and Course Advisor Group
One (1) Discounted* Standard Tan Blank Roster Patch to write your Roster Number on and wear while you train. PLEASE NOTE: You must Order Separately - Add one to your cart here in order to receive this item. (Discounts are not combinable.)
- Exclusive Finisher's Patch (upon successful completion of the program)
- Quarterly Classes begin on the 1st of February, May, August, and November and run for 12 weeks.
Over a twelve-week period, you will complete the following:
- 75 Rucking Miles
- 20 Workouts
- 4 PATHFINDER Forward™ Challenges
PATHFINDER FORWARD™ CHALLENGES
You must complete four separate challenges from the options below:
- Snow Ruck
- Hiking Challenge
- Beach Ruck
- Coupon Ruck
- Mountain Ruck
- Overnight Ruck
- Timed Ruck (Rx Weight)
- Level Up Miles
- Pre/Post Workout Rucks
- Pre/Post Workout Rucks plus Yoga
- Mental Conditioning
- Stairs Conditioning
- Yoga Conditioning
- APFT Score Achievement
- Endurance Event Challenge
- Charity Challenges (Register separately here.)
HAVE QUESTIONS or NEED HELP?
Message us on Facebook or use the "Chat with us!" button at the bottom left of the screen.