There’s a good chance that affiliate links are scattered throughout this post. If you click on one we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
The PATHFINDER Triathlon Challenge is a Life, Forward, Endure, and Advanced approved Challenge option meant to support and improve the cardiovascular needs of ruck athletes.
- The PATHFINDER Triathlon Challenge is designed to train your body through alternative complementary cross-training to improve your overall rucking performance.
- We realize many people may not be comfortable swimmers and cyclists, which is why we highly suggest you use common sense and highly recommend you complete both the Swim Challenge and the Cycling Challenge prior to the Triathlon Challenge.
- PATHFINDER Life, Forward, Endure, and Advanced all have the same time requirements for this Challenge.
- Swim and cycle according to your ability. Please use common sense. NO RUCKS ALLOWED in swim or cycle portions.
- Swim portion: A laned lap pool is recommended. Any other 25-yd swim distance is acceptable. The roster may use equipment (kickboad, pull buoy, fins) if needed. A lifeguard must be present. The swim leg is not permitted in the ocean.
- Cycling portion: Road/trail/mountain and stationary bicycles are all approved. The roster must wear a helmet and obey any traffic laws.
- Ruck portion: The roster must wear their Challenge weight ruck. (Advanced rosters must wear 30lbs dry under 150lbs / 45lbs dry over 150lbs) Life, Forward, and Endure rosters may wear their standard training ruck weight. The ruck may be completed road, sidewalk, or trail.
- Swim - 20 minutes
- Bike - 8 mile bike
- Ruck - 3 miles
- Swim - 30 minutes
- Bike - 10 miles
- Ruck - 6 miles
- Swim - 45 minutes
- Bike - 12 miles
- Ruck - 8 miles
- The PATHFINDER Triathlon is to be completed over a time period of no more than 8 hours. The Challenge must be completed on the same calendar day.
- The roster may complete each leg in any order of their choosing within the 8-hr time period.
- The roster may not switch down between disciplines during the Challenge (IE: Advanced bike or ruck and switch down Beginner swim) but may switch up (IE: Beginner swim, Advanced bike and ruck). We encourage all rosters to complete the Challenge at their fitness level.
- A lifeguard should always be present. Please read this article on pool safety, written by the Cleveland Clinic, for more information.
- Roster must wear bike helmet if cycling outdoors.
- Roster must obey all traffic laws.
- YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS. DO NOT TRESPASS. If you are in doubt contact facility management for a clear understanding of access to and usage of any facility’s property. PATHFINDER assumes no liability whatsoever for any actions taken by a PATHFINDER roster.
PATHFINDER assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries, damages or death. A roster assumes all risk associated with their participation in any and all PATHFINDER programming.
ALL PATHFINDER CHALLENGES ARE COPYRIGHT © PATHFINDER RUCK TRAINING.