This Challenge is ideal for rosters new to PATHFINDER, rosters who have struggled in the past with consistent miles, and any roster looking to make a streak happen! Make your plan and get some consistency!
CHALLENGE PURPOSEThe PATHFINDER Move with a Purpose - Miles Challenge was designed to create more mileage consistency for rosters. The goal is simple: Have an unbroken streak of consecutive days rucking, no exceptions.
It is important to plan this Challenge accordingly in case your streak is broken, as you may not have enough time to start over and complete it. In your program calendar, make sure you have planned and are prepared for this commitment, and have a plan B in mind if you are unable to complete this Challenge.
- There is no timed pace requirement for this Challenge for any PATHFINDER programming. Make your decision based on your personal training needs. If you're training for a GORUCK Tough+, include ruck shuffling into your personal plan.
- All miles rucked count toward the program mileage requirement. Completing or attempting another Challenge with a rucking miles component counts towards consecutive days. - i.e. You've rucked nine consecutive days. On day 10 you complete the Beach Ruck Challenge, or attempt it and ruck at least one (1) continuous mile during the attempt. That effort counts as your tenth consecutive rucking day.
- Miles rucked during RUCK+ workouts do not count towards the Move with a Purpose Challenge unless a minimum of one (1) continuous mile is rucked.
CHALLENGE DISTANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 1 continuous mile. (No maximum limit.)
CHALLENGE WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS
- There are no ruck weight requirements. However, you should use an appropriately weighted ruck for your programming and current fitness conditioning. We recommend most rosters begin at around 9-12 pounds/4-5.4 kg weight, and of course, the weight can go up significantly from there, based on personal experience, fitness level, and comfort.
CHALLENGE TIME REQUIREMENTS
- There are no time requirements for this Challenge.
LIFE: Ruck for at least 1 mile, at ay ruck weight, for 10 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Keep track of this in your logs by writing in the Notes section, "X miles for Move with a Purpose - Miles."
FORWARD: Ruck for at least 1 mile, at ay ruck weight, for 15 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Keep track of this in your logs by writing in the Notes section, "X miles for Move with a Purpose - Miles."
ENDURE: Ruck for at least 1 mile, at ay ruck weight, for 20 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Keep track of this in your logs by writing in the Notes section, "X miles for Move with a Purpose - Miles."
ADVANCED: Ruck for at least 1 mile, at ay ruck weight, for 30 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Keep track of this in your logs by writing in the Notes section, "X miles for Move with a Purpose - Miles."
ADVANCED OCALA, STIRLING, COMPETE, and HORIZON: This Challenge is not available for these programs at this time. However, we encourage you to still attempt this Challenge at the Advanced level to improve your overall conditioning.
- Always carry a basic First Aid kit with you.
- Ruck safely. Communicate your route and estimated times to another individual/party who can alert
- YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS. DO NOT TRESPASS. If you are in doubt contact facility management for a clear understanding of access to and usage of any facility’s property. PATHFINDER assumes no liability whatsoever for any actions taken by a PATHFINDER roster.
PATHFINDER assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries, damages or death. A roster assumes all risk associated with their participation in any and all PATHFINDER programming.
ALL PATHFINDER CHALLENGES ARE COPYRIGHT © PATHFINDER RUCK TRAINING.