This Challenge is ideal for rosters new to PATHFINDER, rosters who have struggled in the past with consistent workouts, and any roster looking to make a streak happen! Make your plan and get some consistency!
The PATHFINDER Move with a Purpose - Workout Challenge was designed to create more workout consistency for rosters. The goal is simple: Have an unbroken streak of consecutive days working out, no exceptions.
It is important to plan this Challenge accordingly in case your streak is broken, as you may not have enough time to start over and complete it. In your program calendar, make sure you have planned and are prepared for this commitment, and have a plan B in mind if you are unable to complete this Challenge.
- Your workout should last for a minimum of 20 minutes for this Challenge, for any PATHFINDER program. Make your decision based on your personal training needs, ie: if you're training for an endurance event, your workout should match your needs. If you're training for just overall physical exercise, pick something enjoyable and that meets your goals.
- 45 minutes is still the recommended length for workouts most days of the week. PATHFINDER recognizes that not every athlete has the time to workout at that length every day, especially in a consecutive-day Challenge. You should aim for 150 minutes (2.5 hours) each week of exercise, according to the American Heart Association.
- All PATHFINDER workouts count toward the program requirement. Of course, any workout by any other vendor counts, though.
- RUCK+ workouts count towards the Move with a Purpose Workout Challenge as long as the total minutes tally up to 20+minutes.
- Recovery workouts: This is an important part of this overall consecutive day Challenge -- getting in slower, recovery day workouts is equally as important as going hard. Recovery workouts can be workouts that are bodyweight, or utilize resistance bands.
- Yoga is always an acceptable workout in PATHFINDER, but we highly encourage rosters to utilize yoga as an adjunct practice to regular cardio and strength training workouts.
CHALLENGE TIME REQUIREMENTS
- There are no time requirements for this Challenge.
LIFE: Work out for at least 20 minutes for 10 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Keep track of this in your logs by writing in the Notes section, "X miles for Move with a Purpose - Workout."
FORWARD: Work out for at least 20 minutes for 15 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Keep track of this in your logs by writing in the Notes section, "X miles for Move with a Purpose - Workout."
ENDURE: Work out for at least 20 minutes for 20 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Keep track of this in your logs by writing in the Notes section, "X miles for Move with a Purpose - Workout." We highly encourage Endure rosters to workout for at least 45 minutes.
ADVANCED: Work out for at least 20 minutes for 30 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Keep track of this in your logs by writing in the Notes section, "X miles for Move with a Purpose - Workout." We highly encourage Advanced rosters to workout for at least 45 minutes.
ADVANCED OCALA, STIRLING, COMPETE, and HORIZON: This Challenge is not available for these programs at this time. However, we encourage you to still attempt this Challenge at the Advanced level to improve your overall conditioning.
Follow this sample weekly schedule to get a feel for how this might work for you:
- DAY 1: 45 MINUTE PATHFINDER INT/ADV WORKOUT
- DAY 2: 30 MINUTE YOGA PRACTICE
- DAY 3: 20 MINUTE PATHFINDER RUCK+ WORKOUT
- DAY 4: 20 MINUTE RECOVERY WORKOUT
- DAY 5 : 45 MINUTE PATHFINDER BEGINNER WORKOUT
- DAY 6: 30 MINUTE YOGA PRACTICE
- DAY 7: 20 MINUTE PATHFINDER HIIT WORKOUT
Check out PATHFINDER Workout Library here.
- Always carry a basic First Aid kit with you.
- Ruck safely. Communicate your route and estimated times to another individual/party who can alert
- YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS. DO NOT TRESPASS. If you are in doubt contact facility management for a clear understanding of access to and usage of any facility’s property. PATHFINDER assumes no liability whatsoever for any actions taken by a PATHFINDER roster.
PATHFINDER assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries, damages or death. A roster assumes all risk associated with their participation in any and all PATHFINDER programming.
ALL PATHFINDER CHALLENGES ARE COPYRIGHT © PATHFINDER RUCK TRAINING.