The PATHFINDER Beach Ruck Challenge is all program approved rucking on a sandy beach, with the sand sinking or shifting underfoot to create variable terrain. Each program has it's own weight and distance requirements.
- The PATHFINDER Beach Ruck Challenge is designed to test your body, pacing and equipment on sandy and wet terrain.
- The entire PATHFINDER Beach Ruck Challenge must be conducted on A SAND BEACH. Fresh or salt water does not matter if all other conditions are satisfied.
- Sand must be soft and grainy that sinks and/or shifts significantly with foot pressure. Flat or “packed” sand at the shoreline is not permitted because it does not provide a significant challenge in comparison to flat concrete or trail terrain.
- Feet will be submerged in water up to the ankle at the beginning and at the midpoint of the prescribed distance (e.g., for Life: once at start, once at 1 mile. Forward: once at start, once at Mile 2.)
- TRAINING SHOES MUST BE WORN WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THIS CHALLENGE. Serious injuries can occur to feet, including Achilles tendon damage, when this Challenge is done without appropriate footwear. Barefoot is strictly prohibited. Flip flops, sandals (Keens, Tevas, or any other type) or any other kind of unsupportive footwear is also prohibited. PATHFINDER is not responsible for any injuries that occur to a roster. (We will also seriously make fun of you if you post pictures if you do this anyway. Don't be That Roster.)
Challenge Distance Requirements
- Life: 2 miles
- Forward: 4 miles
- Endure: 6 miles
- Advanced: 6 miles @ Rx Weight
- Advanced: Ocala: 6 miles @ Rx Weight
- Stirling / Compete: This Challenge is not a part of the current programming
Challenge Weight Requirements
- Life, Forward and Endure: There is no stated weight requirement for rosters in these programs for this Challenge. An appropriately challenging weight for the roster's fitness level must be in the ruck at all times.
- Advanced: 45lb (20kg) ruck dry weight for body weight of over 150lbs (68kg) or more, or 30lb (14kg) ruck dry weight for body weight less than 150lbs (68kg).
- Advanced: Ocala: 35-40lbs (15-18kg) dry ruck weight
Challenge Time Requirements
- There are no time requirements for this Challenge.
- Always carry a basic First Aid kit with you.
- Ruck safely. Communicate your route and estimated times to another individual/party who can alert
- YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS. DO NOT TRESPASS. If you are in doubt contact facility management for a clear understanding of access to and usage of any facility’s property. PATHFINDER assumes no liability whatsoever for any actions taken by a PATHFINDER roster.
PATHFINDER assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries, damages or death. A roster assumes all risk associated with their participation in any and all PATHFINDER programming.
ALL PATHFINDER CHALLENGES ARE COPYRIGHT © PATHFINDER RUCK TRAINING.