There’s a good chance that affiliate links are scattered throughout this post. If you click on one we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
YOGA CHALLENGE Purpose
The PATHFINDER Yoga Challenge is meant as an adjacent practice to extend the roster’s ability to sustain the high mileage and challenging workouts required in the PATHFINDER Ruck Training programming. Yoga is an excellent practice for creating a healthier, more flexible and balanced body that is also better able to sustain minor injuries.
YOGA CHALLENGE Requirements
This Challenge is a separate and unique Challenge, not to be confused with the Pre/Post Miles Yoga Challenge. This Challenge’s requirements are the same for Forward, Endure and Advanced Programs.
- 9 x :45 minutes full body yoga class that can be included at any time
- Any beneficial physical movement of yoga, including, but not limited to, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Aerial, Hot, Bikram and Power to Yin and Hatha are acceptable practice disciplines. Pilates is also an approved discipline.
- The :45 minute yoga class is a standard, commonly found practice in both in-person yoga studios, as well as online via free websites like YouTube or paid subscriptions like Peloton, Alo, ROMWOD and others. While we encourage rosters to find a studio to practice in, PATHFINDER has a list of potential yoga options for rosters who feel they need a path to get started and can be found below. You can try a free ClassPass trial with 20 bonus credits* to use at a variety of yoga studios and gyms near you.
Program Challenge Requirements
- Life, Forward, Endure, Advanced: this is an approved Challenge for these PATHFINDER programs.
- Advanced: OCALA, Compete, Horizon, Stirling: This is not a currently an approved Challenge.
YOGA CHALLENGE Suggested Options for a free, online practice
This list is not comprehensive and are vetted suggestions only. If you have any recommendations for additional videos to suggest, please let us know! We have attempted to suggest a wide variety of practices with both men and women instructors for the largest possible audience. This listing is not meant as an endorsement of any YouTube channel's product or service.
Yoga for Guys - All Level Yoga | YogiApproved.com (40 minutes, so continue stretching for another five minutes)
YOGA CHALLENGE Restrictions
- Meditation practice, while soothing and beneficial, is not included in this Challenge. We do encourage all rosters to explore the many varieties of meditation for overall well-being.
- While TaiChi, Qigong and other ancient mind-body movements are soothing, they are not in line with the physical requirements yoga represents, and are considered more of a meditation practice. These disciplines are not approved for any PATHFINDER Yoga Challenges.
YOGA CHALLENGE Additional Notes:
Yoga is classified as an integrated practice of stretching and gentle movement, breath control, and the adoption of specific bodily postures for health and relaxation.
Yoga is an acceptable workout for all PATHFINDER requirements (as are all workouts), but as is written in the opening paragraph, this Challenge is part of an adjacent practice. This Challenge is meant to be an add-on to your program so to 'double dip' -- counting the workout as both a workout and a portion of this Challenge diminishes the overall benefit of adding yoga to a more strenuous program.
Low back pain and shoulder injuries can be contraindicated in strenuous yoga. Please contact Amy Petersen at email@example.com with any specific questions. However, most gentle yoga practices are fully acceptable with most body limitations. As always, with everything you do, if something hurts, stop and see a physician if pain intensifies or lingers.
- Always carry a basic First Aid kit with you.
- Ruck safely. Communicate your route and estimated times to another individual/party who can alert
- YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS. DO NOT TRESPASS. If you are in doubt contact facility management for a clear understanding of access to and usage of any facility’s property. PATHFINDER assumes no liability whatsoever for any actions taken by a PATHFINDER roster.
PATHFINDER assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries, damages or death. A roster assumes all risk associated with their participation in any and all PATHFINDER programming.
ALL PATHFINDER CHALLENGES ARE COPYRIGHT © PATHFINDER RUCK TRAINING.