PATHFINDER Advanced™ - OCALA Edition
Class 030 registrations are open NOW through midnight Monday, November 15. If you'd like to register after that date please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PATHFINDER Advanced™ is our most challenging program for our toughest Rosters. Advanced: Ocala Edition couples the unrelenting intensity of Advanced with long/ultra-distance ruck endurance sand marches, in this case, Green Beret Fitness’ OPERATION OCALA.
Train hard, knowing thousands of athletes have gone through our PATHFINDER programs, and we’ve helped them achieve their biggest goals.
PATHFINDER Advanced™ is a high-volume program that will train you to peak fitness. You’ll continue upping your game on workout frequency and adding Challenges to your training that test your limits as you prepare for the legendary Florida Trail, challenging your stamina, endurance, and mental fortitude.
We've taken the structure of Advanced and reframed the requirements and Challenges to best prepare you for rucking 65+ miles through the oldest sand scrub pine ecosystems in the world. This Event is in the middle of the Old Florida wilderness, and only the strongest will complete and thrive during this Event.
PATHFINDER Advanced™ is the pinnacle of endurance ruck training.
PATHFINDER isn't a day-by-day workout plan ... because they don't work! PATHFINDER works because YOU build it. We give you the requirements - miles, workouts, and Challenges - and you fit them into your calendar based on what works for YOU.
- Individuals training for Green Beret Fitness's OPERATION OCALA.
- Individuals training for extended endurance events, similar in duration and effort to a GORUCK HTL (Heavy-Tough-Light)
- Individuals seeking to establish a strong base of rucking moderate to heavy weight and high mileage, in sand conditions.
- None, but it is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that you already have the discipline to maintain regular fitness activity three to four times a week or have completed the PATHFINDER Endure™ (Intermediate) or PATHFINDER Advanced™ program.
PATHFINDER REQUIRED GEAR
- Rucksack (Backpack)
- Weight: at least 35-45 lbs (15-20kg) regardless of gender or bodyweight
- OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ankle weights of 6-12lbs
PATHFINDER REGISTRATION INCLUDES
- Upon purchase, get an Instant Download of our Program Success Guide
- Complete Program Materials, Workout Library, and supporting documentation
- Experienced Mentor Course Advisor who has successfully completed PATHFINDER training to assist in your planning and provide accountability
- Access to private Facebook Class Page and Course Advisor Group
- One (1) Discounted* Standard Tan Blank Roster Patch to write your Roster Number on and wear while you train. PLEASE NOTE: You must Order Separately - Add one to your cart here in order to receive this item. (Discounts are not combinable.)
- Exclusive Finisher's Patch (upon successful completion of the program)
PATHFINDER CLASS DATES
- Quarterly Classes begin on the 1st of February, May, August, and November and run for 12 weeks.
PATHFINDER PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Over a twelve-week period, you will complete the following:
- 200 Rucking Miles
- 30 Workouts, 15 of which must be Ruck Workouts
- 250 APFT Score (Age/Gender weighted)
- 12 Mile Ruck in 3 Hours (Prescribed weight)
- Reading Program (selected from a provided reading list)
- 5 PATHFINDER Advanced™ Required Challenges
PATHFINDER Advanced™ CHALLENGES
You must complete these five separate, required Challenges below:
- Timed 12-Mile Ruck (Prescribed weight)
- Overnight Ruck (Prescribed weight)
- Marathon Ruck (Prescribed weight)
- 10-Mile Conditioning Ruck (Prescribed weight)
- Beach Ruck (Prescribed weight)**
You may choose to include these optional Challenges to round out your programming:
- Stairs Conditioning (Prescribed weight)
- Yoga Conditioning
- 36 Mile Pre-Post Workout WITH Yoga Challenge
** If a beach is not accessible to participating rosters, the roster must have access to ankle weights.