Combo's work your brain as well as your body today. Complete each combo through each time as a single rep before moving on to the next round. This should feel like a flow workout.
- 20 x Ruck front raise > Ruck Overhead Press > Ruck Triceps Extension > Squat w/ Overhead Ruck Press
- Flow through this grouping with one Ruck Front Raise, followed by one Overhead Press, followed by one Triceps Extension, followed by one Squat w Overhead press as a SINGLE movement/rep, before going into the second flow for a second rep.
What are the exercises I need to know?
Air Squats Bodyweight warm-up squats
Army Drags Best done on a surface that won't destroy your skin (rubber mat, grass, non-slick hard surface floor). Lay on your stomach in a cobra post (upper body slightly raised, elbows resting on the floor). Tighten your core and utilize your lats to pull your body forward, like an army crawl but without the benefit of knees and hips. Wear your ruck, unless you are still working on your core or have low-back issues.
20 x Ruck Deadlift > Left Lunge > Right Lunge > Sumo Squat
- Begin with your ruck horizontal on the ground in front of you.
- Standing hip width apart, deadlift your ruck to your chest, pausing at the top of the movement.
- Holding your ruck in a bear hug, complete your left leg stationary lunge, then your right leg stationary lunge.
- Spread your feet wide, toes angled outward for your sumo squat. Straighten your feet back to parallel for your next ruck deadlift.
Duck Walks These are likely familiar, but if they're not: Squat, ass to grass. Bear hug your ruck. Walk forward on your full foot (no tippy-toeing this) for 20 paces. This can be tough on hips if they're tight. If you think that's you, a :30 Happy Baby yoga stretch before going into the duck walk will open up your hips and make the exercise more effective.
Ruck Crunch Resting your ruck on your chest in crunch position, hug your ruck and crunch up for 1.
- 50 x Jumping Jacks
- 30 x Burpees
- 15 x Air Squats
THE WORK x 3 Rounds
- 20 x Ruck front raise > Ruck Overhead Press > Ruck Triceps Extension > Squat w/ Ruck Overhead Press
- 20 x Army Drags (Ruck on, unless back issues)
- 20 x Ruck Deadlift > Ruck (bearhug) Left Lunge > Ruck (bearhug) Right Lunge > Sumo Squat
- 20 x Ruck Duck Walks
- 20 x Ruck Crunch > Ruck Situp to OH Ruck Press > Russian Twist L/R
- 2 x 2:00 Plank w :30 break in between