This full body Beginner Metcon (Metabolic Conditioning) workout is short and intense. This is a great workout to do when paired with miles either before or after, and is entirely bodyweight.
Metabolic Conditioning workouts are generally about 20 minutes long, and the focus of metcon's is to improve both your strength and cardiovascular conditioning. We work both aerobic and anaerobic systems, so if you feel really out of breath, you're doing it right.
We start with a 3:00 cardio warm-up to get the blood flowing. Use what you've got, so run it, walk it, spin or row it out.
After, you'll do 3:00 of 10 reps, alternating between two exercises in the set before moving on to the next set. Continue until the workout is complete. All work should be completed as fast as possible (AFAP).
Cardio Warm Up
- 3:00 jog, fast walk (without ruck), cycle or row
- 3:00 WORK BEGINS - As Fast As Possible
- 10 x Bodyweight Squat Thrust
- 10 x Reverse Lunge - Alternating Legs (soft count)
- 10 x Burpee without Push-up
- 10 x Bodyweight Push-Ups (knees ok as needed)
- 10 x Mountain Climbers
- 10 x Inchworms
- 10 x Sumo Squats
- 10 x Reverse Crunch
- 10 x Lateral Bounding (with 2-count hold)
- 10 x Bodyweight Lateral Squat (soft count)