Shelby Park (Mission Picnic Pavilion)
401 S 20th St., Nashville, TN 37206
Things to Consider:
- This is the first time the Star Course will be in Nashville.
- The start point is considered East Nashville (so you will be crossing the Cumberland River to get to downtown and midtown). East Nashville is a very trendy part of Nashville. It will be nice and clean.
- Nashville is home to country music so expect to hear and see the country music scene if you end up near Broadway Street.
These are some potential waypoints:
- TN State Capital
- The Parthenon
- County Music Hall of Fame
- Nashville Zoo
- Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage Farm
- Lane Motor Museum
- TN Central Railway Museum
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts
- Ryman Auditorium
- Military Branch Museum
- Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
- Belmont Mansion
Universities are generally used in the Star Courses. The following colleges/universities are in the Nashville area:
- Vanderbilt University
- Belmont University
- Tennessee State University
- Lipscomb University
Two major sporting arenas are in the City:
- Bridgestone Arena (home of Nashville Predators Hockey)
- Nissan Stadium (home of TN Titans Football)
Greenways Will be Key
Shelby Bottoms Greenway will be a key greenway and it also links into other greenways in the Nashville area.
Look how close this Greenway is to the start point.
For example, the Shelby Bottoms Greenway can be used to get to the Grand Ole Opry. The Grand Ole Opry is at the top right of the picture across the river. You will see that the park is at the bottom of the greenway.
Familiarize yourself with all the Greenways or link up with a local for tips. This is a great resource for information on all the greenways: