Welcome to PATHFINDER Horizon! This content is exclusive to PATHFINDER Horizon subscribers. New classes begin monthly. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can join today!
Longtime CA and PATHFINDER Eddie Vergara wrote this great core workout, perfect for W2. Get ready for "The U-Haul..."
THE WARM UP (NO RUCK)
- 20 x Jumping Jacks
- 20 x Standing Toe Touches
- 20 x Body Weight Squats
- 20 x 4-Count Through the Tunnel. Legs spread just past shoulder width, bend at the waist and touch the middle ground just ahead of feet (1), touch middle ground at feet (2), touch middle ground behind feet (3), back up (that’s one)
- 20 x Plank Jacks In high plank (hands) position, Spread feet apart and then together.
THE WORK (SOME RUCK) x 3 rounds
- 10 x Slow Count Overhead Ruck Squats. Have feet at shoulder width, ruck held overhead, tight core, squat using slow count of 1-2-3 to parallel then back up.
- 20 x Plank Shoulder Taps (no ruck), in high plank, right hand touches left shoulder and back, then left hand to right shoulder and back. Each touch is one rep.
- 30 x Box Cutters (no ruck), on your back, legs together 6”, then up together to 45 degrees, then apart holding at 45 degrees, then apart and down to 6”, and then back together at 6”. That is one.
- 15 x Plank Shoulder Taps (no ruck), in high plank, right hand touches left shoulder and back, then left hand to right shoulder and back. Each touch is one rep.
- 30 x Flutter Kicks, head and shoulders in curl-up position, arms crossed over chest
- 10 x Plank Shoulder Touches, in high plank, right hand touches left shoulder and back, then left hand to right shoulder and back. Each touch is one rep.
- 30 x Bicycle Crunches, on your back, arms crossed across your chest or gently touching behind your ears, crunch bringing right elbow and left knee together simultaneously, then left elbow and right knee…each side is one rep, continue to repeat the motion to completion.
THE COOL DOWN (no ruck)
(See www.yogabasics.com for pose info}
- Locust Pose, First time, just lift chest for 20 seconds, press palms into ground, look at ground for neutral neck.
- Relax 5 seconds.
- Second time lift legs for 20 seconds, forehead on ground. Relax 5 seconds.
- Third time lift chest, hands, legs, for 30 seconds, still looking at ground for neutral neck.
- Firelogs Pose, right leg on top, hold for one minute, walking hands forward to stretch over legs as much as possible, relax 15 seconds, then repeat with left leg on top for one minute.
- Supine Spinal Twist, hold each side for one minute