Stirling Back to Back Day Challenges
This Challenge must be executed over the course of three days - back to back. This Challenge will not count for completion credit if it is not completed in this manner. Up to (3) three attempts may be made for completion. There are no exceptions to this facet of the requirement.
- Physical conditioning over a three day course mimics conditions of the five-day Green Beret Fitness OPERATION STIRLING Event and is excellent preparation for gear, feet, and fitness.
- Mental conditioning for the PATHFINDER athlete to sustain extended evolutions during endurance events over a multi-day period.
- Ideally, terrain for each day of the Challenge should be done on hilly trails and with noticeable elevation. The terrain in the Appalachian Mountains of the Pisgah National Forest, where the OPERATION STIRLING Event takes place, has elevations up to 6,000 feet and contains some of the highest mountain ranges in the eastern United States.
- There are NO TIME PARAMETERS for each day of this Challenge. However long it takes is how long it takes.
The entire Back-to-Back Day Challenge must be completed on consecutive days.
A weighted ruck will be worn for the entire Challenge. (See Weight Requirements.)
- The Challenge will be considered complete when the following duration and frequency standards are met:
Duration: execute continuous, uninterrupted mileage according to the Stirling Program:
- Day 1: 10 Miles
- Day 2: 15 Miles
- Day 3: 20 Miles
- Duration: execute continuous, uninterrupted mileage according to the Stirling Program:
- Frequency: duration of exercise must be completed in full duration as outlined above for a total of three (3) times during the 12-week Program no more frequently than once every seven (7) days (i.e. once a week)
Challenge Weight Requirements
- All Stirling rosters, regardless of weight or gender, must adhere to this ruck weight requirement:
- Day 1: 20 lb dry weight in ruck
- Day 2: 35 lb dry weight in ruck
- Day 3: 50 lb dry weight in ruck
- Ruck weight can be increased every day in a variety of ways, as long as the dry weight is met. Plan accordingly.
- YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS as stated by the building or parking garage management/signage. DO NOT TRESPASS. If you are in doubt contact facility management for a clear understanding of access to and usage of any facility’s property. PATHFINDER assumes no liability whatsoever for any actions taken by a PATHFINDER roster.
ALL PATHFINDER CHALLENGES ARE COPYRIGHT 2021 PATHFINDER RUCK TRAINING.