PATHFINDER Horizon Beta - GORUCK Star Course Training
Horizon Beta 001 is now closed. Join the Wait List here.
Participation in the Horizon Beta Program is limited to participants of prior PATHFINDER Ruck Training Programs. We will evaluate opening more slots if we have the resources to support more Beta Rosters.
Training, conditioning, physical and mental preparation, and skills development in order to successfully complete the GORUCK Star Course Event, 50 Mile Distance, as well as Star Course shorter-distance events, marathon distance rucks, timed 12-mile ruck standards, or any other long-haul endurance event with a weighted ruck.
Horizon is a fully-programmed twelve-week training package that progresses on a week-by-week basis. Each week contains:
- Short Mileage Days
- Long Mileage Days
- Prescribed Full Body Ruck and Core Conditioning Workouts
- Mobility and Flexibility
- Rest and Recovery
Over a twelve week period, you will complete the following:
- 175 Rucking Miles, programmed weekly
- 24 Workouts, ruck, core, and mobility; programmed weekly
- 4 PATHFINDER Horizon Challenges
PATHFINDER HORIZON CHALLENGES
There are only four (4) Challenges for Horizon and they are all required for completion. The Challenges are already scheduled into your weekly programming. They are as follows:
- Timed Weighted Ruck
- Weighted Long Distance Ruck
- Conditioning Ruck
- Navigation Ruck
- BETA: Participation in the Horizon Beta Program is limited to participants of prior PATHFINDER Ruck Training Programs (prior completion is not a prerequisite). Application is required here.
- It is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that you already have the discipline to maintain regular fitness activity six (6) times a week.
$49.99 - Cost for Beta Rosters is 50% off the full price of the Horizon Training Program, normally $99.99. The Beta program is provided at a reduced cost due to the nature of a Beta program in that parameters may evolve as the program progresses and the requirements may change along the way -- the programming is not set in stone.
- Beta Class 001 is scheduled to begin on May 1, 2019 and end on July 31, 2019.
- Complete 12-week Programming
- Experienced Course Advisor who has successfully completed the GORUCK 50 Mile Star Course to assist in your planning and provide guidance and accountability
- Access to the private Facebook Class Page and Course Advisor Group
- Roster Patch to write your Roster Number on and wear while you train
- Exclusive Finisher's Patch (upon successful completion of the program)
- Rucksack (Backpack) See our recommended rucksack...
- Weight: at least 30 pounds for individuals weighing 150 pounds or more, 20 pounds for individuals weighing under 150 pounds. See our recommended weights...
- Tennis Ball