Important Programming Changes for Class 023
Considering the new environment we are now in to help stem the spread of COVID-19 we are introducing the below modifications to the PATHFINDER endurance training programs (Forward, Endure, Advanced).
TRAILBLAZER registration is now available for kids at no charge to help provide supportive activity and exercise for those who may have to stay home for extended time periods. Details below.
We are also putting together the details on a community virtual event. Details will be forthcoming as that comes together.
Daily Indoor Workouts
- We will provide full weekly programming (7 days) of additional daily "indoor" workouts which will be published and emailed to the Class on Wednesdays for the remainder of the Class.
- These will be Indoors-aware workouts requiring minimal equipment.
- All these workouts qualify for workout requirements with no limitations.
Changes to Current Program Requirements
- Changes to Challenges to meet the minimum requirements
- Rosters may repeat any Challenge a second time and it will be counted towards the minimum requirement.
- For Standards Achievement Challenges (APFT, UBRR, Selection Standard): Rosters must exceed the previous qualifying scores/times for the Challenge to be considered complete.
- For Standards Improvement Challenges Rosters must continue to improve another 4 times from the previous qualifying mark for the Challenge to be considered complete.
- The 36-mile pre/post Challenge mileage guidelines now will count any mileage at all both before and after ruck workouts. You can ruck 1 mile before and 1 mile after and take credit for 2 miles to the requirement.
- The Reading Program for the Advanced Program will be expanded to Forward and Endure as a Challenge. The approved reading list will be made available.
- Advanced Challenge Additions
- Advanced Rosters can read a 2nd book from the approved reading list for Challenge credit.
- Advanced Rosters can redo the Timed 12-Miler requirement with an improved time for Challenge credit.
- Advanced Rosters can retake the APFT requirement with a better score for Challenge credit.
- Treadmills (and comparable equipment) will be allowed for required miles.
- Workout time can be exchanged for miles (all qualifying workouts).
- The exchange rate is 15 minutes of workout time = 1 mile.
- Workouts exchanged for miles do not earn a workout credit.
- Warmups/cooldowns are included in the duration of the workout.
- Rosters are encouraged to log all fractional exchange miles (a 35-minute workout can be logged for 2.3 miles).
Changes to TRAILBLAZER
- Free Registration and Participation
- Register here and use Order Number STUCKATHOME
- There will be a small charge to cover costs for finisher’s patches which we will coordinate at ENDEX
- We are curating content for kids based on age groups and will send it out to everyone enrolled in the program.
Virtual Group Ruck or Partner Ruck
- Let's keep the community together during these trying times!
- Details forthcoming
If you have any questions about any of these changes, please contact your Course Advisor directly or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.