PATHFINDER Horizon - GORUCK Star Course Training
Looking for the Beta Classes?
Beta 002 - 8/1/19 Startex
Beta 003 - 9/1/19 Startex
Beta 004 - 10/1/19 Startex
Training, conditioning, physical and mental preparation, and skills development in order to successfully complete the GORUCK Star Course Event, 50 Mile Distance, as well as Star Course shorter-distance events, marathon distance rucks, timed 12-mile ruck standards, or any other long-haul endurance event with a weighted ruck.
Horizon is a fully-programmed twelve-week training package that progresses on a week-by-week basis. Each week contains:
- Short Mileage Days
- Long Mileage Days
- Prescribed Full Body Ruck and Core Conditioning Workouts
- Mobility and Flexibility
- Rest and Recovery
Over a twelve week period, you will complete the following:
- 175 Rucking Miles, programmed weekly
- 24 Workouts, ruck, core, and mobility; programmed weekly
- 4 PATHFINDER Horizon Challenges
PATHFINDER HORIZON CHALLENGES
There are only four (4) Challenges for Horizon and they are all required for completion. The Challenges are already scheduled into your weekly programming. They are as follows:
- Timed Weighted Ruck
- Weighted Long Distance Ruck
- Conditioning Ruck
- Navigation Ruck
- None, but it is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that you already have the discipline to maintain regular fitness activity six (6) times a week.
- Class 002 begins on 08/01/2019 and ends on 10/31/2019
- Class 003 begins on 11/01/2019 and ends on 01/31/2020
- Class 004 begins on 02/01/2020 and ends on 04/30/2020
- Class 005 begins on 05/01/2020 and ends on 07/31/2020
- Complete 12-week Programming
- Experienced Course Advisor who has successfully completed the GORUCK 50 Mile Star Course to assist in your planning and provide guidance and accountability
- Access to the private Facebook Class Page and Course Advisor Group
- Roster Patch to write your Roster Number on and wear while you train
- Exclusive Finisher's Patch (upon successful completion of the program)
- Rucksack (Backpack) See our recommended rucksack...
- Weight: at least 30 pounds for individuals weighing 150 pounds or more, 20 pounds for individuals weighing under 150 pounds. See our recommended weights...
- Tennis Ball