PATHFINDER Rucklympics is our new teamwork-based participation event for Class 029. PATHFINDER Course Advisors will facilitate each team’s participation and will be Team Lead.
All workouts, Challenges, and miles will require teamwork from your Group, led by your CA, to earn the most points. Our focus is on participation, not performance, to level the playing field among all rosters. All scoring will be based on group participation.
PATHFINDER Rucklympics is built around three pillars: Miles, Workouts, and Monthly Challenges.
We've turned the processes around PATHFINDER (completion of miles, workouts and Challenges) into a set of activities that you participate in as a group, along with the specifics of your individual programs.
- Your Group will be benefitting from all the rucked miles you log participating in your individual PATHFINDER program. (Ex: I logged 38 miles the month of September in PATHFINDER Forward, so my team benefits from my overall program participation towards my individual goal.)
- In Monthly Challenges, additional miles will count for Team points, like in the August Ruckathlon, the September Relay and the October Scavenger Hunt.
- You will always be able to count your rucked miles towards your individual program mileage goals.
- For Monthly Challenge specific miles, you may not "double-dip" by mixing the requirements for a PATHFINDER program-specific Challenges with requirements for a monthly team event.
- Each week, a new Team Workout will post on Tuesday morning. Every roster is encouraged to perform the workout (either on their own, or with other members of their team) for points. The more roster participation, the more points your team will receive.
- Your CA will post the Team Workout to your Group page, and when you have completed the workout, write "Done" under the image.
- BONUS POINTS are applied to every roster who does an additional PATHFINDER workout during the week. Only PATHFINDER workouts count. Under Team Workout image posted on your Class page, post "Done" and the name of the PATHFINDER workout. Your team will gain extra points for every additional PATHFINDER workout you do! You can do any of the workouts located at https://pathfinderrucktraining.com/blogs/pathfinder-workouts.
- Monthly Challenges will require Group Effort.
- For the month of August, the Group Effort will take the form of a Ruckathlon, a blend of workouts, miles and group exercise efforts to collect points.
- For the month of September, the Relay will require group effort to tag each roster to complete a set of rolling miles. The team should collect the most rucked miles. The miles will be averaged by the number of rosters within the small group.
- For the month of October, the Hunt for PF October, a scavenger hunt, will require team participation to ruck to various types of monuments, natural features, etc. There will be a minimum required ruck mileage.
PATHFINDER will make every effort to fairly score. The scoring will be based on numerous factors, and in certain instances, the scores will be averaged or normalized across the number of rosters, participating or not.
Yes! There will be a Winner's Patch for the winning team. The patch will be sent out within 6-8 weeks of Class 029 completion.
- Ruck safely. Communicate your route and estimated times to another individual/party who can alert
- YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS. DO NOT TRESPASS. If you are in doubt contact facility management for a clear understanding of access to and usage of any facility’s property. PATHFINDER assumes no liability whatsoever for any actions taken by a PATHFINDER roster.
PATHFINDER assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries, damages or death. A roster assumes all risk associated with their participation in any and all PATHFINDER programming.
ALL PATHFINDER CHALLENGES ARE COPYRIGHT © PATHFINDER RUCK TRAINING.